ACHNE's 40th Annual Institute will be held June 7-9, 2018, at the Sheraton New Orleans, New Orleans. Theme for this 40th Anniversary Institute is, Celebrating the Past, Envisioning the Future.
For 40 years, throughout an evolution of health care, ACHNE has remained a steadfast and supportive association advancing public health nursing. Our initial leaders had great vision and their legacy continues to influence health care to this day. At this year's Annual Institute, we will celebrate these 40 years of remarkable successes. Past Presidents will share their journeys and new emerging leaders will launch their innovative ideas. The amazing roles that community health nurses hold as educators, leaders, practitioners, researchers, policy makers, authors, innovators, and many more will be showcased. As we build on our accomplishments we also build on collaborations shared across sectors. We will come together to collectively envision the future. Plan to be inspired to lead the way in a new changing landscape of health care, and to take away endless possibilities to influence future generations.
To provide a forum for celebrating the success and value of 40 years of ACHNE and to create a vision for the future of the association as well as the impact of community / public health nursing, education, practice, and research.
Public health nurses, public health and community health nursing educators, public health leaders, and students and partners interested in public health, health equity, populations health, and other public health issues.
- Identify innovative roles and achievements of community / public health / population health /global health nurses
- Envision the future roles of community / public health nurses in education, practice, and research
- Strategize ways that ACHNE’s core values* can guide the future of community/public health nursing
- Collaborative partnerships
- Evidence based practice
- Excellence in education
- Leadership development
- Professional development
- Research and scholarship
- Integrate mentoring, coalition building, and collaboration with national associations to build the future of the profession
- Summarize the contributions of ACHNE over the past 40 years in advancing community/public health nursing education, research, and practice.
This activity has been submitted to the Alabama State Nurses Association for approval to award contact hours. The Alabama State Nurses Association is accredited as an approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation (ANCC).
Exciting 40th Anniversary Highlights
- Pre-conference workshops on Thursday:
- In the Board Room: Practical Strategies for Serving on Boards, sponsored by the Research Committee
- Tour of New Orleans and Its Resilient Communities, sponsored by the Program Committee
- Opening Keynote Speaker: Susan B. Hasmiller, PhD, RN, FAAN, Senior Advisor for Nursing at Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and Director of the Future of Nursing Campaign for Action.
- Gala dinner on Thursday evening to include Forum with Past ACHNE Presidents
- Plenary Session on Simulation, sponsored by the Education Commitee
- Closing Keynote Speaker: Carolyn Williams, PhD, RN, FAAN, Professor and Dean Emeritus, College of Nursing at the University of Kentucky and Past President of American Academy of Nursing.
ACHNE is now accepting applications for Exhibits and Sponsorships.
- Explore methods to participate, promote, and develop a national public health nursing education and healthy public policy agenda to influence future health care delivery
- Examine processes and approaches for engaging in local, regional, national advocacy to promote public health nursing education and the role in population health
- Develop communication and decision making strategies for managing change for benefits of students, , community and populations.
- Engage in collaboration and interprofessional networking to promote health in global communities and the public health nursing workforce
- Evaluate the role of mentoring in career management
- Assess processes for becoming involved in local, state, national and international task forces, committees, and boards to influence change.
Make your reservation for Friday evening's "Meet, Greet & Eat"
Join other ACHNE attendees for dinner on Friday Evening at local Baltimore restaurants for ACHNE's "Meet, Greet & Eat". Reservations have been made at each location for the designated time and cannot exceed 10 guests. Payment is the responsibility of the attendee.
Advanced sign up will be closed on Monday, June 5th and will be available on-site at the registration desk. Click here to make your reservation.
Volunteer to be a Moderator - Be an Invaluable Part of the Annual Institute!
ACHNE is in search of volunteers to help moderate the 21 sessions being presented this year in Baltimore, MD. This responsibility only requires a little bit of your time, but is invaluable to ACHNE and keeping the annual institute running smoothly.
Moderator guidelines have been developed to give you a better sense of what this role entails. Click here to review.
If you are willing to support ACHNE in this role, please email Ann Crosse at expressing your interest. You may also contact her with any questions you may have.
The meeting will be held at the Lord Baltimore Hotel, 20 W. Baltimore St., Baltimore, Maryland 21201. A special rate of $175 single/double (plus applicable taxes) has been arranged for attendees. For reservations, book online or call the hotel directly at 855-539-1928. Please identify yourself as an ACHNE attendee to receive the special rate. The reservation cutoff date is May 17, 2017; thereafter the hotel will accept reservations on a space available basis only at the current market rate.
ACHNE's management partner, The Kellen Company, has been able to provide you with helpful discounts on airfare with flights on Delta. Save up to 10% on regular fares to Baltimore this year! Please click here to review the details on receiving a discount.
Baltimore-Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI) is about 12 miles from the Lord Baltimore Hotel. Estimated drive time is 30 minutes from BWI Airport and 75 minutes from Washington DC (IAD). Taxi fare is estimated at $35 each way. Light Rail is available for $1.60 per person each way and takes approximately 40 minutes.
Self Parking is available at the official garage of the the Lord Baltimore located at 213 West Fayette Street, two blocks from the hotel. Overnight rates are $15 per night. Valet parking is $31 per night plus tax.
|Registration Fees:||By May 12||After May 12|
Cancellations received in writing by May 19, 2017 will be issued a refund less a $50 processing fee. NO REFUNDS FOR CANCELLATIONS RECEIVED AFTER MAY 19, 2017. ACHNE reserves the right to cancel. In the unlikely event of cancellation, ACHNE is not responsible for any costs, damages, or other expenses of any kind, including, without limitation, transportation, and/or hotel costs incurred by registrant. Speakers subject to change without notice.
ACHNE is now accepting applications for Exhibits and Sponsorships. Please click here to download the 2017 Exhibitor Prospectus.