December 5, 2022
2023 ACHNE APHN Joint Conference Abstracts Due
ACHNE & APHN - Stronger Together
Bridging Academia and Practice
2023 Joint Conference
Mission Valley San Diego, CA
ACHNE and APHN have a long history of collaboration focusing on mutual topics of interest that strengthen each organization's mission. Simply put, we recognize we are Stronger Together. To that end, we are pleased to announce the objectives for the 2023 ACHNE APHN Joint Conference and open the Call for Abstracts!
Purpose: To provide a scholarly and supportive meeting ground for Community/Public/Population Health Nursing Leaders – both educators and practitioners – committed to excellence in community, population, and public health nursing; To Advance population health by bridging Community/Public/Population Nursing practice, education, research, policy, and leadership together.
- Identify and build upon emerging opportunities for academic-practice partnerships to transform PHN practice for the 21st century;
- Highlight new insights supporting innovation in PHN practice, education, scholarship, and policy to advance health equity;
- Identify and build interprofessional scholarship interests between PHN educators and practitioners;
- Explore emerging trends in PHN preparedness for and response to public health emergencies and disasters;
- Describe collaborative approaches supporting PHN transition from training to practice;
- Explore strategies to support the recruitment, retention, and resilience of a diverse PHN workforce;
- Explore approaches to increase capacity of the PHN workforce to assure foundational public health services and capabilities;
- Explore methods to demonstrate the value of PHNs (e.g. establish nurse sensitive indicators for community/public/population health nursing);
- Identify experiential and educational preparation for faculty teaching clinical and didactic components of the AACN competencies focused on community/public/population health nursing at the basic and advanced levels.
Members of all levels from both ACHNE & APHN are invited to submit your abstract here.
The Deadline to submit your abstract is December 5, 2022. Abstract submitters will be notified of decisions by January 13, 2023. Visit www.ACHNE.org/institute for more information.More Info